In case you missed the Ooki's Twitter Spaces here is a summary to get you caught up on the latest Ooki updates.
Twitter Spaces Call Recording
If you missed the Ooki Twitter spaces for June 14th you can listen to the call recording. Below is a recap and summary of items discussed during the call.
EVMOS Liquidity Grant
There are two EVMOS grant requests underway. The first is a protocol integration grant, and the second is a liquidity incentives grant. The forum proposal for the latter is below. Feel free to join the community discussion if you want to see EVMOS incentives activated for Ooki. The deployment on EVMOS of Ooki is proceeding to final stages and waiting resolution on a few technical issues.
Optimism Liquidity Grant
The Optimism proposal is proceeding to the next phase of governance which is a snapshot vote on June 22, 2022. If you're in favor remember to vote with your OP tokens. The deployment of Ooki on Optimism is also in final stages and should be ready once UI is finished in the next week or so.
Apecoin Liquidity Grant
The Apecoin forum proposal is under discussion as well. This would bring APE liquidity incentives on Ooki to incentivize borrowing and lending with APE tokens. If you're in favor of the proposal join the discussion and let the community know.
Ooki Initiatives Planning Stages
Below are a few of the Ooki initiatives in the early discussion phases.
Railgun integration and deployment
Railgun is a privacy protocol on Ethereum and Polygon which would enable Ooki traders to trade with 100% privacy. This integration is in exploratory phase. The protocol will enable high alpha strategies to remain private from other users, in order to maintain profitability and prevent copying by other traders.
Railgun is a DAO and would offer liquidity incentives and deployment incentives if Ooki submitted an application. Depending on community interest in this integration, the Railgun integration priority can be increased or decreased. The extent to which this deployment is prioritized and the technical requirements are still under discussion.
Moonbeam integration and deployment
Moonbeam is another blockchain that Ooki is in exploratory phase of deploying on. Moonbeam is offering deployment grants and liquidity incentives. The extent to which this deployment is prioritized and the technical requirements are still under discussion.
- UI/UX: Easier navigation and sharing throughout the app by giving distinct URLs for all sections + bug fixes in general
- Governance: Raise awareness of governance proposals with more information in the staking dao section.
- Protocol: Ooki v2 new interests rates were launched on Ethereum (reminder)
- Social: Making ooki more social by allowing users to share their position, yields and loans.
- Trading: Dex Selector was added to the UI to get better trade execution (entry price, position size)
- Trading: Work started for limit orders on the UI side.
- Lending/borrowing: Helping user decisions by providing more information about how a loan will impact the rates.Content: Find the latest Ookiversity articles in the dashboard Ookiversity section.
- Working on Optimism support on the frontend side.
- Limit orders frontend
- Review iToken as collateral code
- Finalized off-chain testing of limit orders and move towards on-chain testing with keeper job for handling executions
- Work on wstETH integration as collateral option and for margin trading against ETH on long side only
- Volume-based fee tiers and volume tracking for future usage within trading competitions or other events
- Begin mapping out balancer swap implementation
- Begin new documentation to add to dev docs for added features and provide context for current functionalities
- Worked on optimism deployment and testing, update defilama adapter adding arbitrum and optimism, update api adding optimism.
- Itoken-collateral huge changes and improvements to the protocol
- Bridging Ooki to other chains
That is all for the Twitter spaces recap and Ooki DAO updates for this week. Join us next time on Ooki Twitter spaces for more news and updates.
About Ooki Protocol
Ooki is a protocol for margin trading, borrowing, lending and staking enabling the building of Decentralized Applications for lenders, borrowers, and traders to interact with the most flexible decentralized finance protocol on multiple blockchains. Ooki is a fully decentralized, community-run DAO, governed by the community vote for all major changes to the protocol. Ooki users can engage in margin trading with up to 15x leverage using a fully decentralized trading platform.