In case you missed the Ooki Twitter Spaces here is a summary to get you caught up on the latest Ooki updates.
Twitter Spaces Call Recording
If you missed the Ooki Twitter spaces held on July 20th 2022 you can listen to the call recording. Below is a recap and summary of items discussed during the call.
Optimism Deployment Successful
Ooki deployed on Optimism successfully on July 19th, 2022. Learn more in our Optimism blog post here. Ooki is also working with Chainlink around co-marketing the deployment of Ooki on Optimism using Chainlink's price feeds.
As discussed on the call Ooki will be resubmitting the grant application following successful deployment on Optimism and feedback from the Optimism community on the grant application. The Optimism community expressed concern with the grant size, matching with Ooki, and Ooki deployment on Optimism. Ooki will resubmit the grant application with new parameters following OP community feedback.
Ooki User Research Survey Results
Ooki held a user research survey and published the results last week. Thank you to everyone who completed the survey! Ooki received over 79 responses and a wealth of information. As a thank you for everyone who joined the survey Ooki will be airdropping a small thank you as a token of appreciation to users who met the necessary criteria.
EVMOS Liquidity Grant
There are two EVMOS grant requests underway. The first is a protocol integration grant, and the second is a liquidity incentives grant. The forum proposal for the latter is below. Feel free to join the community discussion if you want to see EVMOS incentives activated for Ooki. The deployment on EVMOS of Ooki is proceeding to final stages and waiting resolution on a few technical issues.
Ooki has integrated Canny.io and will be using the roadmap planning and feature request voting to involve the community and get feedback on where Ooki should be focusing it's development efforts.
Ooki has also been added to DeBank, learn more about the integration in our blog post here.
- UI/UX: Easier navigation and sharing throughout the app by giving distinct URLs for all sections + bug fixes in general
- Governance: Raise awareness of governance proposals with more information in the staking dao section.
- Protocol: Ooki v2 new interests rates were launched on Ethereum (reminder)
- Social: We are making Ooki more social by allowing users to share their position, yields and loans.
- Trading: Dex Selector was added to the UI to get better trade execution (entry price, position size)
- Trading: Work started for limit orders on the UI side.
- Lending/borrowing: Helping user decisions by providing more information about how a loan will impact the rates.
- Content: Find the latest Ookiversity articles in the dashboard Ookiversity section.
- Working on Optimism support on the frontend side.
- Limit orders frontend ongoing.
- Review iToken as collateral code.
- Finalized off-chain testing of limit orders and move towards on-chain testing with keeper job for handling executions.
- Work on wstETH integration as collateral option and for margin trading against ETH on long side only.
- Volume-based fee tiers and volume tracking for future usage within trading competitions or other events.
- Begin mapping out balancer swap implementation.
- Begin documentation to add to dev docs for added features and provide context for current functionalities.
- Worked on optimism deployment and testing, update dDefilama adapter adding Arbitrum and Optimism, update api adding optimism.
- Itoken-collateral huge changes and improvements to the protocol
- Bridging Ooki to other chains.
That is all for the Twitter spaces recap and Ooki DAO updates for this week. Join us next time on Ooki Twitter spaces for more news and updates.
About Ooki Protocol
Ooki is a protocol for margin trading, borrowing, lending and staking enabling the building of Decentralized Applications for lenders, borrowers, and traders to interact with the most flexible decentralized finance protocol on multiple blockchains. Ooki is a fully decentralized, community-run DAO, governed by the community vote for all major changes to the protocol. Ooki users can engage in margin trading with up to 15x leverage using a fully decentralized trading platform.